Tuesday 29 November 2016

Theme Park Thrills


"Life's a journey, enjoy the ride"


I have heard this statement often but lately, life is more like a theme park filled with roller coasters, water rides, souvenir shops, etc.

Earlier this year, I read a book by Steve Harvey which mentioned that in order to grow your God given gift you have to immerse yourself in that world or industry. Of course, I thought "yeah right" but still gave it try and guess what? Yip, it does help.

I've started to see myself and call myself a writer and counsellor. I joined a writing workshop and love every minute of it. I volunteer as a Chaplain and love the people I have met and work with.

And the more you immerse yourself, the harder it is to stay that way.  Commitment, sacrifice and motivation are habits you try and begin and keep. Immersing yourself in your gift will make you step out of your comfort zone and go places you don't think you can enter.  But believe me, once you face the fear with faith, nothing can stop you from progressing.
 
God gives us a gift that challenges us and forces us to commit to Him. Our gift makes us sacrifice time with family and friends, in other words the "fun"stuff in order to serve and glorify Him. The Bible tells us that in order to follow God you have to leave your family behind. It don't lie!

Sometimes, God blesses us with such great opportunities to use our gift that we feel like we are drowning, terrified of actually being able to swim to the top and do it! You won't believe the size of my water wings!

And with each visit to the the Theme park called "Life", God gives us wonderful souvenirs (blessings) to keep that encourages us not to give up, to stay focused on Him and trust that He will make our plans prosper.

A few tips when theme parking...don't eat before going on the roller coaster, make sure you love the rain from the water rides and embrace the souvenirs you get.

Image result for bible verses about life





1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for this. Well done on pursuing your passions and thanks for inspiring me to continue pursuing mine!! :-)

    ReplyDelete