Sunday 18 November 2018

Day 16: Family and Friends

I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people that I don’t even know where to start this post. I believe that everyone deserves to be loved and I try to make everyone I meet and/or know feel loved because when you feel genuine love, your being is filled with joy and your self-esteem rises.

My close friends are my family and my family are my close friends. My closest friend I have known for over 30 years. She is my friend but family. This friend has seen tears I don’t share with others, heard my views on life and love and is always here for me. Our friendship is one that is created in our hearts and no matter where we are in the world. Our friendship is just as strong as if we are sitting next to each other.

We weren’t always in touch for a few years but when we reconnected it was as if we never lost touch. And that’s the type of friendship I wish for all of you.

We always joke that when we are old, we will be together sitting in our rocking chairs on the porch, talking about the good old days. This mental image is comforting to me, humorous to me and important because this is the friend I need and appreciate.

A true friend becomes family because you allow them in to parts of your life not many know. Everyone needs to have at least one friend who is family to you. This friend is one who you can trust completely.

This friend of mine always has the right words to say to me when I don’t feel like I am enough or doing enough. She is always ruthlessly honest with me even when I don’t want to hear it but need to hear it.

Do you have a friend like this?
Trustworthy and has time for you?

If you do, when last did you tell this person that he/she is enough?
When last did you tell this person how important he/she is to you?
How you appreciate them being like family to you?

To my friend of 33 years, I love you, I appreciate you and you will always be family to me. Thank you for being the ear that listens, the hands that wipe my tears and the voice of reason.

To my friend of 33 years - YOU. ARE. ENOUGH.

Image result for best friend quotes



No comments:

Post a Comment