Monday 5 November 2018

Day 5: ENOUGH



In my previous blog post, I explained how getting the call about my husband’s passing changed by life. The grief I felt was indescribable. I had just lost the man I wanted to grow old with.

Unfortunately, I didn’t know back then that I would be enough; enough to be a single Mother. Even sitting here, typing this blog post, I still have to be honest and say that I don’t like being a single Mother but God put here for a reason.

The loss of my husband caused sadness and pain but it also taught me (without realising) that I am strong enough to do what I have to and that I am ENOUGH.

I was ENOUGH because after walking and working like a “robot” for the first two years of my child’s life, I woke up one day and made the decision to stop being a grieving widow and start becoming a growing woman.

I re-discovered who I was as a woman, a mother and a single woman. I realised what I love doing, what I enjoy and what kind of person I want to be moving forward.

Now, I know I was ENOUGH then and I am still ENOUGH today.

I am ENOUGH to raise my child on my own, the best I can. I am ENOUGH to follow my passion and purpose.

And now, as my child starts high school and I start my business, I know that I am ENOUGH because God created me to ENOUGH for the path He has created for me.

YOU. ARE. ENOUGH…..AND YOU ALWAYS WILL BE!

Image result for you are enough quotes

1 comment:

  1. There is always a reason this happens, it has made you a strong, caring, loving person and a wonderful mother. You have the strength and faith in yourself that can only take you forward, you will always look back, to other happy times, but you can do so now with a little pain but a whole lot of joy for the future. I wish you every success in what ever you want to achieve, I know that you can do it Chantel. Lots of love always. PS I might not be with you but I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete