Tuesday 27 November 2018

Day 18: Grease and the Devil


Cars, gals and milkshakes fill the screen of one of my favourite movie. Grease premiered way before my time but I grew up watching it and loving it.

Sandy taught me that a woman can be smart, courageous, educated while still having her wild, spontaneous and mischievous side. I love this about her.

She allows you to enjoy and appreciate your love for learning, for knowledge and wisdom while embracing the side of you that wants to experience life, make mistakes and take those risks you have only thought about, until now.

Every time I hear my favourite tunes in this movie, I automatically start singing, swinging my hips and tapping my toes.

Grease is filled with things that make my heart race like good music, romance, and mischief and of course, cars. It teaches us that no matter how cool you think you are, you still have your emotional side and your inner child.

Grease is still the word…….

Related image

A frumpy shirt, flat shoes and straggly hair with a passion for writing finds this girl in a world of pressed blouses, stiletto heels and straightened hair. She is completely out of water in her new job and her new, famous boss thinks she is not serious about her career.

The Devil wears Prada is one my all-time rainy day favourites to watch especially when I feel like I am not good enough.

Andy just wants to write but takes this job because she needs one and she is hoping it will be a stepping stone to something more. However, she learns that in order for her to succeed, she has to “join them” as she can’t “beat them” becoming someone even she doesn’t recognise anymore. Eventually, she decides to make a tough decision.

Life lessons are throughout this movie which I have learnt. It has taught me that we should keep trying different things and allowing ourselves to learn and grow, even if it is negatively.

She changes who she is to please others and in the end, discovers it is not worth it I’ve learnt this and been reminded of it. Don’t change yourself to please others, change yourself for yourself and follow your passion and your dreams because your happiness shines happiness onto others.

The Devil wears Prada but the Angel gets her wings.

What are your favourite movies? How have they impacted you?

Upon reflection, I’ve learnt to follow my passion, achieve my dreams, and be myself while embracing all sides of my personality. 

 Image result for the devil wears prada

Oh, and by the way, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment